Develop and advance with a career at Kurt Salmon. Our collaborative culture ensures that—from day one—you will become an integral member of our team, immediately developing your skills and advancing your career while working for the world’s most prestigious organizations.
We hire the brightest, most dedicated candidates who thrive on challenge, and we develop them into the business experts of the future.
We are a global management consulting firm. In North America, we focus on retail and consumer products, health care, financial services and information technology. We have unparalleled expertise in these areas, and our deep knowledge means we can help our clients respond to an ever-changing business landscape.
Like never before, IT is playing a significant role in driving business decisions around the globe. Kurt Salmon’s CIO Advisory Practice guides the CIOs of leading organizations in responding to present-day needs and developing innovative solutions for future growth. As a member of our team, you will develop expertise in helping clients improve the responsiveness, agility and cost-effectiveness of their IT organizations and drive overall business performance.
- Accurately analyzing work processes, systems, organizational functions and structures using interviews, data, statistical analysis and techniques to determine where and how to generate measurable benefits
- Conduct current state assessments, perform industry/competitor research, develop gap assessments, and design target state operating models
- Assist project teams through daily execution of activities, deliverables, project plans, and client presentations
- Training clients and taskforces in the effective use of management systems, tools, techniques, group problem-solving, and team-building and consensus
- Support proposal and business development activities
- Preparing and conducting group and one-on-one meetings with clients and colleagues to ensure that job responsibilities are met
- Assuming the appropriate roles of counselor, facilitator, co-leader, presenter and trainer, as required by the situation
- Preparing written and oral feedback, presentation materials, critiques, functional requirements documentation, process descriptions, evaluations, data summaries and reports
- Initiating innovative solutions when required and working closely with colleagues and project management to ensure that they are installed for the most effective impact
- Communicating and coordinating those efforts within the client’s environment
Candidates should have a strong technical background with a solid knowledge and understanding of IT architecture, engineering and operations, ITIL, IT strategy, governance, processes, IT organization design, business cases and financial management.
- Superior academic results through an undergraduate degree; graduate degree or MBA a plus
- Three to seven years of experience in strategy, planning and architecture in a top-tier management consulting firm
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with large corporate IT operations, major IT programs, systems integration and technical architecture at enterprise and inter-enterprise levels
- Functional knowledge in IT skills assessment, organizational change, process re-engineering, outsourcing, project management and financial services applications
- Experience with and understanding of business requirements and the process of translating them into well-engineered and integrated technical solutions; attention to detail is essential
- Experience with large IT transformation programs
- Demonstrated ability to apply business case development and project justification techniques to varying information technology–related questions
- Exceptional verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Personal commitment to quality and on-schedule delivery; proven ability to establish and meet milestones and deadlines
- Customer-focused mentality to understand and appropriately respond to customers’ business needs
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively and collaborate with clients, peers and management to help develop solutions and ensure stakeholder buy-in
- Must be versatile, flexible and proactive when resolving technical issues and dealing with ambiguity
Kurt Salmon seeks diversity among our team members and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.